In my prior post, I challenged you to remember the 1980s WWF wrestlers who hailed from the hometowns listed below. Here are the answers for those who might have been stumped.
- The Isle of Malta– Baron Mikel Scicluna
- Sunset Beach, HI– Magnificent Muraco
- Tocula, Mexico– Tito Santana
- Seattle, WA– Greg “The Hammer” Valentine
- Stone Mountain, GA– Jake “The Snake” Roberts
- Parris Island, SC– Sgt. Slaughter
- Auckland, New Zealand– Tony Garea
- FijiIslands– Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka
- Hyannis Port, MA (summer residence) – “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase
- Krakow, Poland– “Polish Power” Ivan Putski
I joked in my earlier post that Seattle seemed an unlikely hint, but almost everyone who watched Saturday morning WWF wrestling here in the Northeast would remember hearing that hometown and knowing Valentine was coming out next.
In fact, I remember a WCW show in Boston at the TD Garden (then known as the FleetCenter) in January 1998 in which Valentine wrestled. Before Valentine came out, the ring announcer said, “From Seattle, Washington…” and the crowd went nuts because they knew the Hammer was synonymous with the city.